Author Topic: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep  (Read 115 times)

Offline Kes1968

Re: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Well we went to the vet this morning and I was pleased because the vet said that given his age heís doing ok, he mentioned that he could have cushings disease but they would need to do a blood test to confirm that and he wasnít convinced that the injection that the previous vet gave him was much use,( for the arthritis) but theyíre going to contact the previous vet to see what they gave him,( I only know it was an anti inflammatory drug),  heís had his necessary jabs  today as they were out of date. We have to go back in four weeks for the rest. Regarding his legs he said they would need to do MRI and it might mean spinal decompression but the results arenít always good and it can make things worse, but on the face of it, I was happy that the vet said heís ok, all things considered. Phew !!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:18:30 PM by Kes1968 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »
That sounds positive  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:03 PM »
He certainly seems more proactive than the vet we saw in Newquay before we moved!!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
A good vet is so valuable. I'm very lucky with my current vet.  I know of others whose vets have been so bad it's given their dogs a phobia of going to the vets!!  Obviously a case of some people in the occupation for the wrong reasons! xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »
Iíd heard good reviews about the vets at pets at home before so I was happy to try them out, Iíll definitely stay with them now after such a positive first visit, one lady who was waiting was moaning about the prices but I thought theyíd werent  too bad at all really, £51 for consultation and first course of vaccinations, Iíve paid more in the past!! I suppose it depends what theyíre coming in for! Itís all relative . I felt the vet was very proactive and thorough in his examination ( the previous vet didnít hardly touch harry let alone examine him !! Harry bit him on a previous visit and after that the vet was reluctant to go too near him, a vet ffs itís surely hazards of the job!! 😂😂
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:55:15 AM by Kes1968 »