Author Topic: How's everyone doing?  (Read 127 times)

Offline The Laird Of Glencairn, Scotland

How's everyone doing?
« on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:36 PM »
Hi,
Thought i'd drop to see how everyone's doing? I do read all the posts on here and some of them i want to reply to but I cannot find the words....I am struggling myself  so the idea of me offering advice to help ya is a bit strange....i see very few people here so hard to say how i am coping...its been 9 months since I lost Ruth but some days it feels like hours and then you realise how long.......very strange feeling which i'm sure most of you will agree? My way of coping might seem like I am not upset/grieving but its the only way i can keep going.......if i sit still and start thinking I think i would very soon spiral downwards into depression and as there's just me and Rory here that is a place I cannot go....so i keep smiling and cracking jokes......but no'one can see the tears in my eyes (one of the good things about photosensitive lenses in my glasses)...I can remember a woodwork teacher at school calling me the class clown for messing about so i guess like the song it must be tears of a clown? :smiley:
I read all your posts and how peoples relatives react/treat people stuns me...you would expect at what is probably the worst time of your life others would support each other but it seems far from it.....has it always been this way or is the way people react to grief/death different nowadays?
Anyway I hope all of us eventually come out the otherside of this journey ...as you may notice I'm not very good with words etc....crap education I have always felt happier doing carving etc.....take care everyone x
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:23:45 PM by The Laird Of Galloway, Scotland »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:55:49 AM »
Hiya
I'm having a bit of a challenging time at the moment, so lacking in energy a bit.  So I've decided to come up with a bit of a self care plan to help boost me a bit.  Thinking of what soups I could start to make, get back to my bread making, and some other things that feel like I'm looking after myself

How is little Rory? :-) 
Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline The Laird Of Glencairn, Scotland

Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
Hi Emz
Sorry for not replying but been bit busy this week, hope your feeling a bit better? you mention soups etc.....I get loads of recipes of this website and the best thing is you can put an ingredient in the search and it comes up with loads of recipes you can also choose different diets or health things and so far every thing i have made on there has been lovely....I like to make the soups and then make a loaf in my machine....i have quite varied success with the breadmaker and sometimes it doesn't rise so quite odd shaped but still tasty dunked in a bowl of soup. Here's the website http://allrecipes.co.uk  if you make any lets us know how you get on and if i haven't tried it i will have a go.
Cheers and take care x