Author Topic: 8 months feeling worse  (Read 27 times)

Offline Lemondrizzle

8 months feeling worse
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
It is nearly 8 months since I lost my husband to prostrate cancer at aged 57.
I feel worse now than earlier.i hate weekends and evenings.i only have to think of him and start crying.i keep going over the day he died in my head.
It was so unexpected he woke up with swollen legs we went to hospital and they wanted to do scans etc but first wanted to put a catheter in and he swore and said I don.t want that.My son and daughter arrived and we said to him we will go and get coffee while you have scan etc.
When we came back after half hour he had passed away.doctor had been trying to ring me.
It was heartbreaking seeing my son and daughter hugging him and crying .I just keep reliving this in my mind.
I didn't know whether to go to bereavement counciling.but think it would make me feel worse.has anyone found this useful.
Some days I just think what's the point in life.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 8 months feeling worse
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:25:15 PM »
I know some of our members have found bereavement counselling helpful, so would suggest giving it a go. It can really help to talk  :hearts:
That is quite a traumatic memory too so you may find it helps to seek out a trained counsellor who is trained to help with traumatic memories  :hug:
It's a journey that takes quite some time and is quite a rollercoaster so try and be gentle with yourself. Focus on small steps forward, they're not as overwhelming xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 8 months feeling worse
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:30 AM »
My husband died 7 years agao and even though i know 8 months doesnt feel like it, it is early days.My GP sugested counselling and i was reluctant but desperate - it did help - i doesnt "cure" grief and the first two sessions i felt worse afterwards but over time it did help me to understand and deal better with the emotions i was experiencing.I also found talking here helped enormousely too. :hug: