Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 40392 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #585 on: December 07, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »
They certainly are - i watchd a starling murmuration a couple of years ago it was amazing - and for me there is nothing greater than a dolphin fin breaking the surface which is something me and keith shared - but by going back it is something that i havnt lost, and feeling him closer to me more than at any other time when logic said it would make me feel his loss more and feel even more alone is an unexpected bonus.
The natural world has so much to give through out grief something that we can still take so much from not only with out old memorys but in creating new ones. -We once spent nearly two hours freezing cold but fascinated by the way a flock of geese were organising themselves - practising take off and landing in formation with such precision like an RAF squad,but now many years later the sound of geese flying over even at night when i cant see them always brings a smile,  because what we in our daily lives might not have noticed or taken much notice of if we did becomes a continuation of what was shared with him and with the geese,  knowing it isnt a random act  as we might have assumed previousely but meaningful familly communication - the one loud one is the leader on a given flight, what appears to be one flight may be made up of two or three squads each with a squad leader, or there may be another squad just out of our range - the others on the outside of a single squad at night  are communicating their position too the leader, and so now i try to identify even when i cant see them who are the leaders how many squads there are.So something discovered together still remains something special if we allow it too and if that is something in nature where it can be repeated because it isnt dependant on human relationships - the friends who vanished, the couples who didnt but are still couples so you feel even more lonely, the rules of human life - nature doesnt give a damm about those rules it has its own and they continue and so help us to recall those special moments but also collect new ones because they are still special.   

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2019, 05:37:27 PM »
After not talking to anyone about how I have felt over losing my husband, just saying, yeh I'm ok thanks, when anyone asks I am finding this forum such a release, its good to talk, thank you BUK  :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
 :hug:

I too found this forum so supportive, having somewhere you could come and just be you, share what was on your mind or find others who understand was so valuable. No need to put on a brave face or have to explain beyond what you need to. Even somewhere you can have some every day chat
I would never have imagined it but have also made some good friends, some I have met in person too.  BUK is indeed a special place  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sue Hewitt

« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2019, 01:14:28 AM »
Hi Iím sorry to ask but how do I introduce my self Iím new and just canít do it
Thanks Sue

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
You never need to say sorry here Sue  :hug:
In the forum, when you're in one of the sections there is a 'new topic' button at the top - if you click there it will start what we call a 'thread'.  People can then reply to you.
Dont worry about putting it in the wrong place, we can move it if needed xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx