Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 28905 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2018, 11:11:03 AM »
I wasnt serious - ask my girls i didnt taser them (there were times when a cattle prod might have been useful though. :rofl:

According to the Trossachs national park site they are trying to create a grey squirel free buffer zone up there.Its a difficult dilemma i like the greys too -and its not as though theyre deliberately murdering the reds - but as increasingly wildlife habitat is vanishing everything is under pressure - i read a piece on FB last night about five mammals likely to become extinct -i worry about peoples comprehension levels when it came to the comments though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:30:20 AM by Karena »

Offline The Laird Of Galloway, Scotland

« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
Oh well I might forgive you :whistle:  but have no worry I have been down to the forest tonight and had a word with my Red Friends and we are prepared to take on any Greys that try to invade!  do you want proof?  thought you might so I took a photo as evidence. You can keep your Greys down South  :rofl:
Ps  do ya think i have too much time on my hands?  :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:57:33 AM by The Laird Of Galloway, Scotland »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #527 on: June 16, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
 :rofl: :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
Glad you liked Rambo Emz lol  Just been out Bat spotting but its shocking tonight with Midges attacking ya.......over last few nights I have been watching the Barn Owls hunting around 15ft from my armchair 8-) they then fly down to the woodland and then back up here again much more entertaining than TV. I find its the nights when ya realise how quiet the house is so i stick some rock music on lol Rory's favourite is Gary Moore for some reason he sits staring at the stereo when he's on and when it finishes he lays down again  strange little fella?

« Reply #529 on: June 23, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »
Here's one i have just finished Emz  :smiley:  this one won't dig your garden for ya and neither will Karens Taser work on him  :rofl:
Cheers

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #530 on: Today at 09:50:26 AM »
That's beautiful! Love it!
I had a new camera for my birthday and I managed to get a lovely photo of one of the foxes,  I'll have to add it later (just need to adjust the size first) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

« Reply #531 on: Today at 10:58:26 AM »
Cheers Emz and look forward to seeing your Fox photo, last night was a good Bat night with loads flying pretty close to the house but way too fast to get a photo, I might try setting my camcorder on constant record with nightvision on and leave to film.....if i get them fly close then i might be able to freeze images as stills. I got a really good old photography book on Amazon about watching and photographing wildlife at night and although its about film cameras they actual tips on making camera traps will adapt for digital use. There is a nice idea for a pressure plate you set up near some bait for Badgers and when they step on it it fires off a few shots so will definitely be making one of those. I have a few Trail cameras with work in the dark and detect movement and body heat but they are so sensitive they keep triggering when any grass moves grrrr.
Photography and just wildlife watching does you good and even if its just for 30mins just the break from upsetting thoughts will help you. Another thing about photography is it makes you want to eave the house to take pictures and you don't need expensive fancy cameras as lots of people have a camera on their phones which take lovely shots ok you won't be able to get far off shots of Eagles but even with gert big lenses they don't guarantee you will get a decent picture (I take loads but only a few are keepers)
Have fun.