Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 180869 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »
Welcome to the world of ache. :hug:
Eldest grandson stayed over last night he is getting so grown up now but bless him he has carried some of the gravel through,a half bucket at a time and set the solar fountain up,it was going to be a waterfall but he wanted to see it working today .then he made a kind of plant island round it and it looks really good so that's how its staying He then anounces that now the rugby season is over he will be able to come up more on Sundays to help me,cos I,m getting too old.  :wchair: cheeky little monkey. :whistle:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2016, 08:41:34 AM »
What a wonderful meet/weekend in Bristol, met a bunch of fabulous people.  There's been lots of chat, laughter and even singing.  Have had a lovely time and hoping the remaining peeps today have a good final day and end the weekend on a high note.  Miss you all already!  :hearts:

Im off to prep myself for a party full of 5 year olds now!! :-)

Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join i
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2016, 08:09:13 AM »
Oh my what a brilliant weekend it was, fab people, good food and drink Bristol is a lovely place although it poured it down with rain on Saturday but nothing dampened our spirit we never even noticed the rain lol, much too busy sightseeing, chatting, laughing and as Emz said even the odd song lol xxxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
Hi, how is everyone this week? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2016, 01:01:41 AM »
Hi Emz
still struggling a bit,but I enjoyed meeting others at Sheffield and tonight took myself for a walk there is a beautiful orange crescent moon which I attempted to photograph and the honeysuckle on my porch smells lovely at night.When I came back the fish who is getting bigger by the day had managed to get stuck between the filter and a light so had to shuffle everything around.Someone offered me a love bird.she had a love partner who died and she is lonely the owner is working long hours so not able to fill the gap.I almost caved,But I have a bit of a thing about birds flapping around in cages.Mind you there's a pair of turtle doves in my garden who are so thick they would be better off in a cage.Fred and Freda have built a nest high in a tree they arnt the most graceful birds when it comes to take off and landing but the nest is so high in the tree they'd trying to do it on the most bendy branches and keep falling out of the tree.It is quite funny but I,m worried the little fredlings might have inherited the genes or might think this is normal flying techniques.

Started a new futurelearn course this week.this one might be the culmination of all the others all the skills I have got from them.The project could become a real world project not just an academic exercise and it is something close to my heart.So I,m quite excited about it,will tell more if it comes off.
How is everyone else doing.?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2016, 08:22:28 AM »
Love the turtle doves! Fingers crossed for the fredlings!!  I have a couple of doves that visit and they do make me laugh. A while ago one was trying to work out how to get on the feeder seed bowl, and he really struggled/so clumsy!!

I did a nutrition course on futurelearn recently, the 'food as medicine ' one.  Was really interesting.  Ooo look forward to hearing more! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »
Hi how is everyone, ive had a  bit of a busy weekend but very enjoyable, thouroughly enjoyed Billy Elliot, although totally different music to the film, ive waited years to see it and wasnt disappointed,  Finished off with a day at the races today, another first,  after picking out the winning horse in the first race, which i chose purely for its name, i got excited when i saw it romping to the finish line, so can understand how people can get addicted, howevrr that was my only win, so i obviously wasnt  cheering loud enough. 

:coffeetoast:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
Hello all
How is everyone doing today?
I have been on leave this week, which has been fantastic.  So lovely to have a break.  Mostly been at home, which has also been nice.  Went out for the day to Cotswold Wildlife park today, which apart from the rainstorms was really lovely.  Started off with a cappuchino and a slice of very tasty chocolate cake.  Saw a pair of ducks with incredibly cute ducklings in the lemur enclosure lol
xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2016, 08:25:26 PM »
House exchange Lemurs in the duck pond  :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:42 PM »
Feeling a bit flat with the return to work routine so decided to have a 'treat' for lunch to cheer myself up a bit, so have treated myself to a chicken and bacon toastie and red berry smoothie. Certainly tasty and has helped, at least temporarily!

So, got me thinking, what do you all do to cheer yourselves up? Are there favourite snacks, meals or things that work for you? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
Here's the cute ducklings in the lemur enclosure :-) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
gardening - its one place i can forget i,m on my own and yet be on my own -which makes no sense,  :rofl:
but in the house i,m acutely aware of it, and going out even more so because the more people there are, yes you can walk in nature but there is always the chance some group of chatting walkers will come through or some loved up couple but the garden is my own space. gardening can completely absorb me and you arnt ever  on your own there because theres always life out there just going about its own business.You can just watch.It has no intentions towards you,it isnt thinking sad loner,it doesnt care what you wear,it doesnt think you should pull yourself together,and you dont have to behave in any way to appease it, but it has its own story. I reminds you that no matter how brocken you get you can revive and you can survive.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »
Hi all
How is everyone getting on?  Its so hot at the moment, am hiding with the fan on in the lounge!
Am having to control my anxiety/panic at the moment, Raz (lurcher) managed to swallow a mini-milk lolly stick whole yesterday, and have been pretty terrified of complications since. I called the vet, and as advised have given him plenty of bulky food to try and help 'move' things along and hopefully should be ok.  Just terrified it might get stuck.  So keeping a close eye on him, no signs as of yet so trying to stay calm xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »
Hi everyone, sorry to hear about Raz, i hope it manages to get through without much difficulty lol. Im dog sitting for two weeks at the moment, my sons springer spaniel, oh dear what have i let myself in for. Day one never slept a wink all night it was so hot he would not settle, walking round the bedroom panting, so put the fan on great he laid down, then i couldnt get to sleep for the noise, turn it off Alfie starts wandering again, finally gave up at 5.30 came downstairs and tracked my sons plane as it departed from Manchester and arrived at dubrovnik 2 and a half hours later, (how sad is that lol) irony of it all is if you could see Alfie now, laid out on settee on his back paws up in the air snoring for england, mind you i did tire him out, i bought a bubble tornado he didnt like it at first but hes been chasing round the garden like a mad man trying to catch them. I also bought a water pistol, ive been firing that at him lol. Xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »
well, so far so good - Raz is still eating ok and going to the toilet ok, so we appear to have avoided any obstructions - just hope it has passed through and all is ok now.  Will be keeping an eye on him
Ooo - sounds like fun at your house with the bubble machine and water pistol :-)   :yahoo: xx
Hold on in there xx